PTC Creo EMX is an indispensable add-on tool for moldmakers and toolmakers that eliminates timeconsuming, tedious tasks and the need for data translation that typically slows down the product development process.
PTC Creo EMX allows users to create moldbase layouts in a familiar 2D environment and automatically generate a 3D model to leverage the benefits of 3D design. The 2D process-driven GUI guides you toward your optimal design and updates automatically during the development of the moldbase. You can choose from a catalog of standard components (DME, HASCO, FUTABA, PROGRESSIVE, STARK, etc.) or customized components. The resulting 3D models are then used for interference checking during mold opening, as well as for automatic generation of deliverables such as production detail drawings and BOMs.
PTC Creo EMX increases design speed because the unique graphical interface gives you quick, real-time previewing before the 3D component or assembly is automatically placed. Once your components are placed, operations such as clearance cuts and drilled and tapped holes are automatically created in the appropriate neighboring plates and components, thus eliminating tedious and repetitive mold detailing tasks. PTC Creo EMX also enables moldmaking companies to capture their own unique design standards and best practices directly within the mold assemblies and components.
If you’re looking to accelerate moldbase design and find more time to development better quality, highly innovative designs, then PTC Creo Expert Moldbase Extension is your perfect solution.
- Realize an immediate ROI based on significant productivity improvements
- Capture company design standards and best practices directly within mold assemblies and components as you preserve in-house mold design expertise
- Enable concurrent engineering between design and manufacturing
- Eliminate data translation with a native, fully associative PTC Creo 3D CAD solution
- Incorporate late changes in the design cycle easily as modifications update automatically
- Reduce the costs of scrap and rework by simulating interferences and by using standard components
- Shorten the learning curve using the intuitive tutorials and documentation