The IoT Gateway is an advanced plug-in that extends the capabilities of the KEPServerEX connectivity platform. It presents RESTful web servers for integration with web services in MES and other systems, and seamlessly streams real-time industrial data directly into device clouds and Big Data analytics platforms across the enterprise.
The IoT Gateway connects Operations with IT to support the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). This enables decision-makers to search, monitor, analyze, and visualize data for real-time insight into industrial operations—leading to increased system security, improved customer service, streamlined automation, and better decisions across the enterprise.
Enterprise and cloud-based solutions enable organizations to search, monitor, analyze, and visualize KEPServerEX-generated data coming from PACs, PLCs, RTUs, flow computers, OPC servers, and other industrial hardware and software. Kepware has partnered with Big Data and analytics providers to enable insight into the operations and conditions of industrial devices and systems.
- Measurement, Verification, and Constant Commissioning: Ensure that devices in the field operate as intended.
- Capacity Planning: Monitor data for risk of unplanned device or system downtime.
- Root-Cause Analysis and Remote Troubleshooting: Gain a better understanding of the cause of a particular failure on a particular device and improve efficiency.
- Anomaly and Outlier Detection: Identify outliers that may be an early indicator of issues in device production or deployment.
- Safety, Security, and Compliance: Gain visibility into system performance or set points that could put machines or people at risk, and quickly develop and access reports for compliance purposes.
- Cybersecurity: Improve security posture across industrial systems to mitigate emerging cybersecurity threats.
What Is an Advanced Plug-In?
KEPServerEX is more than an OPC server—it’s a connectivity platform for industrial automation and IoT. Simply download KEPServerEX, and then select from Kepware’s library of more than 150 device drivers, client drivers, and advanced plug-ins to fit the communication requirements unique to your industrial control system.
An advanced plug-in extends the capabilities of the KEPServerEX connectivity platform. It provides enhanced server functionality, increasing the usefulness of data by transforming it beyond raw data in a device register.
Advanced plug-ins may be licensed individually or as part of suites, and can be licensed on demand as connectivity needs evolve.