Imagine one of your customers has an out-of-date manual and can’t maintain their asset. Or that your service team doesn’t have access to localized service manuals. Comprehensive technical illustrations can bridge the gap that text alone will not. Every manufacturing company feels the pressure to provide up-to-date and accurate product information to customers and service partners on a continuous basis. Technical illustration software allows you to easily and quickly update your technical documentation, keeping it in line with current product configurations
Creo Illustrate offers a dedicated environment with the capabilities required to create rich 3D technical illustrations that are used to communicate complex products and procedures clearly and graphically to users of service and technical information. This functionality enables technical illustrators, authors and service planners to repurpose design and engineering data from any 3D format for use in service procedures, training materials, illustrated parts catalogs and all forms of technical communications.
The Most Advanced Technical Illustration Tool
With Creo Illustrate you can create rich 3D technical illustrations, 2D drawings, and interactive animated sequences that accurately reflect current product configurations and support formats from hard copy to Augmented Reality. The software:
- Empowers illustrators to develop 3D content in as little as 15 minutes.
- Reduces the amount of text and increases parts identification accuracy.
- Automatically updates content as engineering and design changes.
- Sets the foundation for an augmented reality strategy.
Creo Illustrate Capabilities
- CAD Data Reuse: Create 3D technical illustrations and animations derived from engineering CAD data.
- Associative CAD: Keep the illustrations updated as product design changes.
- Sequencing: Illustrate repair, assembly, and other procedures through static and dynamic illustrations.
- Content Reuse: Create an illustration once, and use it across multiple publications.
- Comprehension: Annotations allows for clearer communication through the use of call-outs, symbols, and other references to augment your 3D content.
- Parts Lists: Generate full parts lists for all of your products, and use those lists to define a product structure.
- Product Structure: Organize part-related content based on how those components fit within the product’s bill of materials.
- Reduce Translation Costs: By replacing text with illustrated step-by-step procedures, 3D animations, illustrated parts lists and other graphical representations.
- Augmented Reality Foundation: Seamless reuse of 3D illustrations and animations for AR.